Good Earth Egg Company, Missouri, decided to recall its eggs because they could be infected with Salmonella. The decision was made after eight people, from three different states, were contaminated. We are talking here about Missouri, Illinois, and Kansas.
The egg can be found in packages of 6-count cartons, 10-count, 12-count, 15 dozen cases, and 30 dozen cases. Regarding the date on the products, everything before 10/08/2016 is possible to be contaminated with Salmonella. The biggest problem is that the products were sold to a lot of markets and restaurants, so there were many people who consumed them and are in danger.
Unfortunately, this is not the first time when a Salmonella outbreak is connected with the Good Earth Egg Company. According to CDC, the strain of the virus is similar to the one that was found in 2017, at the same company. Last year, 52 people reported having Salmonella, in six states. The company decided to recall its eggs on January 9, 2016.
If you bought these eggs, do not eat them even though you want to cook them at high temperatures. The best thig you can do is to put them in a sealed package and throw them. Of course, you can also choose to go back to the store and have a full refund for them. It is important to keep them sealed because there could be animals or other humans who will want to eat the infected products.
If you ate them, pay more attention to your health. Se if you have symptoms like diarrhea, vomiting, fever or pains. If you do feel this way, go to the doctor as fast as you can because you were infected with Salmonella. If it is not treated, the infection can cause health issues, such as high blood pressure.
Health officials discovered the outbreak after three ill reported to be infected after eating eggs from a restaurant in Missouri. The investigation showed that Good Earth Egg Company were the suppliers for that location. The health officials tested the eggs and discovered that they were infected with Salmonella.
Even though at the moment there are not many people infected, an outbreak is expected. The eggs were sold to many locations and there were a lot of people who consumed them without knowing about the infection. Products should be tested before being sold on the market.
Image source: Pixabay