Please make sure to also consult our Terms and Conditions in order to be acquainted with the rules and regulations governing your use of the Lighthouse News Daily services.
- The types of information that are collected via the Services
- How Lighthouse News Daily uses the information it collects
- Cookies and other tracking software
- How and when that information is shared
- Third-party content and links
- Data security
- Additional information
The Types of Information that We Collect
Lighthouse News Daily may collect various types of personal information about its users through a multitude of ways. For instance, we may collect the information that you choose to share with us via email or written communication or upon registering for the website. Additionally, we may also automatically collect other types of information either from publicly available sources or via third parties. There are two types of information that we may collect: personally identifiable information (information that may be used to directly identify you, such as name, but without limitation, username, password, gender, date of birth, email address, etc.) and non-personally identifiable information (data that cannot be linked back to you, such as information about the type of internet browser that you use, your IP address, information about your internet service provider).
- Information you provide
In order to access certain features or portions of the Services, you may be required to register with or otherwise interact with the Services. During this registration process, you may be required to offer certain data that allows your experience of the Services to be enhanced. For instance, upon registering with Lighthouse News Daily, you may be asked to provide contact information, such as your name, your email address, your gender, your birth date, job title, correspondence address, job title or additional information. Additionally, you also provide personal information when choosing to participate or contribute to the services by engaging in our discussion threads or forums. Please ensure that you have carefully read our rules and regulations regarding user contributed content before submitting your contribution to the Services.
- Information that is automatically collected
Apart from the information that you decide to share with Lighthouse News Daily directly, we may also collect other types of information when you interact with the Services. This information includes (but without limitation): information about the device that you are using to access the Service (such as IP address, hardware type, hardware model, unique device identifiers, settings, operating system information), information regarding your location (obtained either by collecting your IP address or by asking you to allow the services to access your mobile device’s GPS signal), or information regarding your internet usage (such as details regarding the Services you access, visit duration, time of visit, recurring visits, etc.).
We may also receive additional information about you when provided with it by third-party sources, as permitted by the law- such as social media information when you decide to log in or connect to the services through that particular platform.
How Lighthouse News Daily Uses the Information it Collects
The foremost reason for collecting information about our readers is to continuously improve the services provided to you. Here’s a detailed list of how the information you provide to us is used:
- Request processing and management: the information you provide is used in order to better manage particular services that you request. For instance, when processing a registration, when sending electronic correspondence (such as newsletters), or when providing you with certain features that allow your participation.
- To better the services we provide to you: in order to continuously offer you a Service that better reflects your desires and interests, we conduct regular research on our readership’s demographics, behavior, interests and use that collected information to improve on our materials and content.
- To provide tailored advertising: we may use the information we collect to enable interest-targeted advertisements, offers and promotions that better reflect your interests.
- To protect our rights and the rights of others: if we deem necessary, we may use your information to protect, defend or enforce the safety, privacy, property or legal rights of the Services, as well as others in full compliance with applicable law.
Cookies and Other Tracking Software
The majority of browsers have settings that allow them to automatically accept cookies. If you wish to do so, you may choose to have your browser notify you when a cookie is being sent or you can disable cookies altogether by accessing your browser’s settings menu. Please note, however, that cookies work to enhance your experience of the website: by disabling this technology, you may be unable to enjoy certain features of the services.
- Web Beacons
Aside from cookies, we also employ technology called web beacons, (also known as “pixels”) which are used to relay information from your device to a particular server. This technology can be incorporated in various types of online content, from emails and online content to videos or audio files and may allow servers to analyze information pertaining to your device, such as when you have viewed a particular video or when you have viewed an email message.
- Other Storage and Tracking Technologies
We may also choose to use other kinds of technologies in relation to the services, including Flash cookies or HTML5 local storage. Similar to cookies, these technologies can also store certain information and improve your experience.
When and How We Share Your Information
Depending on the type of information in question, we may share the information collected from you as follows:
- With business partners: we may choose to share your information with our business partners in order to be capable of providing you with the services you ask for. Such situations are, for instance, when taking part in sponsored or co-sponsored promotions, in which case we may share your information with that sponsor
- Parents, affiliates companies: we may also share your information with affiliate companies or parent companies
- Service providers: certain companies conduct business on our behalf, in which case, we may share certain information with them, to the extent that they carry out the tasks they have been assigned to carry out.
- Exceptional situations: your information may also be disclosed under certain circumstances, when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law, enforce, protect or defend the safety and legal rights of Lighthouse News Daily, our employees or other people. Additionally, we may also share your information when requested to do so by governmental agencies, law enforcement agencies or authorities.
- Logins via Social Media Platforms: Please note that logging into the Services by using social media accounts or services may imply the sharing of your information with that particular social media service, in which case, we are not in control or responsible of the privacy practices that are enforced by that particular site.
- Merger, acquisition, bankruptcy: In the event that our company enters a merger, is acquired by another entity or experiences bankruptcy, your data and information may be considered assets and may be transferred to the acquiring entity. Despite the fact that we will attempt to enforce the regulations as they are herein stated, we cannot ensure that such an acquiring entity will treat your information as herein mentioned.
- Otherwise with your consent: In addition to the aforementioned situations, we may also share your information whenever you provide your consent.
Third-party Content and Links
Due to the insecure nature of the internet, we have certain physical, managerial and electronic security procedures in place aimed at protecting the information we collect online. Even so, despite these reasonable measures, we may not guarantee that our security system is impenetrable. As such, we offer no warranties and assume no responsibility as to the security of our database, or against unauthorized access or data disclosing. Additionally, we offer no guarantees that the information and data you provide will not be intercepted upon its transmission over the Internet.
THE LIGHTHOUSE NEWS DAILY SERVICES ARE NOT OFFERED TO USERS UNDER THE AGE OF THIRTEEN. WE ALSO DO NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT PERSONAL OR NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13. IF YOU HAVE NOT TURNED 13, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS THE SERVICES AND DO NOT PROVIDE US WITH ANY INFORMATION. IF YOU ARE THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF A CHILD UNDER THE AGE OF 13 AND BELIEVE THAT YOUR CHILD HAS PROVIDED US WITH PERSONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT US SO THAT WE MAY DELETE THAT INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLCIABLE LAW.
Despite the fact that certain web browsers allow the transmission of “do-not-track” signals, we cannot, at this time, comply with that signal. There is currently no consensus in the industry as to DNT signals.
Last update: 11.08.2015